Online Jhandi Munda Game: Rules, Strategies, and How to Play with Real Money
Jhandi Munda is a very popular street game in India. In fact, it is one of the highlights of the Tihar, Dashain, and Dashami festivals. It is a traditional game that connects people of different age groups in a community. In this review, you’ll learn why online Jhandi Munda, a game of dice is so interesting, how to play it, its rules, winning strategies, and lots more. Let’s dive in!
What is Jhandi Munda?
Jhandi Munda is a game of chance which originates from Arunachal Pradesh. In the neighbouring country Nepal, it is called Langur Burja and Anchor in a few other countries. It is just as famous and thrilling as Andar Bahar and Teen Patti.
The Jhandi Munda game is played with six dice and each one has six sides with different symbols on them (diamond, heart, spade, club, flag, and face).
Players have to bet on the symbol that they think will show face up the most in each round. Although it seems like just another guessing game, there are a few tips that can boost your odds. Keep reading to find out more.
What is Online Jhandi Munda?
People have been playing Jhandi Munda in the traditional way for years. While it is still plenty enjoyable that way, it has been taken up a notch and become more accessible and fun to play.
Now, thanks to the popularity of the game, players can play the Jhandi Munda game virtually on several online platforms.
If you love the game but dislike the noise and distractions that other players and “spectators” cause, this is your chance to play it on your smartphone or laptop, in an environment that you feel comfortable and focused in, and at a time that’s most convenient for you.
Online Jhandi Munda has more variations than the street version, so you’ll definitely be more entertained. It also offers more statistics to help players win and bigger bets to get gamblers pumped up.
There are other advantages of online jhandi munda such as:
- Playing for Free: There are free versions of online Jhandi Munda that can help you master the game, before entering the real gambling scene.
- Bonuses: Online casinos usually offer very attractive bonuses to get players to sign up and also to keep loyal players happy. The bonuses can help you take it easy on your bankroll and you can also use them to get things started instead of your own real money.
- Multiple Tables: Unlike the traditional Jhandi Munda game, the online version allows you to shift between tables without stress or delay if you think that would help your luck.
- Guaranteed Payments: When you start playing the game for money, you can rest assured that your winnings will go straight to your bank account. Online operators use payment methods that are secure and regulated by reliable authorities.
- Strategic Advantage: You can check the cold and hot numbers in Online Jhandi Munda to get a good idea of what symbol to bet on next.
- Interaction: If you’re tired of playing the game with your family and friends, you can meet new players who will challenge you and keep you thoroughly entertained.
Facts about Jhandi Munda
- The origin of Jhandi Munda can be traced back to the 18th century
- It is usually played at betting kiosks during the festival of lights
- Jhandi Munda translates from Hindi as Face Crown
- You don’t need much money to play the game, even if you’re playing the online version
How to Play Jhandi Munda
Jhandi Munda is a very simple game to play. You just have to be really good at guessing and finding patterns. The street version is played with a board, six dice, and a bucket (it is similar to Ludo).
As earlier mentioned, the game uses six symbols that appear on the six faces of each die. A player is chosen to be the host or organiser and the rest of the players place their bets on the symbols that they think will win.
After this, the host shuffles the dice with the bucket and lifts it to reveal the symbols that landed face up.
If, for example, a player bet on the hearts, and the heart symbol appears facing up on 2 of the 6 dice, that player will win twice the amount that they bet and also get back their initial stake. But, if no hearts appear facing up, they will lose their stake. The hosts will keep changing as the game progresses.
The game is pretty fast-paced but still super fun. The fact that it is quite unpredictable makes it more interesting.
Terms Used in Jhandi Munda Game
There aren’t a lot of Jhandi Munda-related terms because the game is so straightforward. You won’t learn any complicated plays or combinations like in Teen Patti, Poker, and the likes. Most of the terms are just Hindi words for the different symbols, as you’ll see below:
- Paan: This is the Hindi word for the Heart symbol
- Eent: This is the Hindi word for the Diamond symbol
- Hukum: This is the Hindi word for the Spade symbol
- Chiri/Chiriya: This is the Hindi word for the Club symbol
- Jhandi/Jhanda: This is the Hindi word for the Flag symbol
- Munda/Burja/Mukut: This is the Hindi word for the Crown
- Langur: This is the Hindi word for Anchor
- Hot symbols: This refers to the symbols that have landed face up the most
- Cold symbols: This refers to the symbols that have not or have barely landed face-up throughout the game
- Host/Dealer/Organizer: This is the title given to the player who shuffles and throws the dice
Rules of Jhandi Munda Game
Now that you understand the basics of the game, let’s look at the breakdown of the gameplay.
- A host or dealer is chosen among the players
- Players have to guess which symbol will appear the most in the roll-out
- In the traditional game, players place their bets on their symbol on the canvas, while in an online game, the players select the symbol they want (the themes or designs are different but it doesn’t matter cause you’ll still bet on the symbol you want)
- After all the players have placed their bets, the host rolls the dice
- The results are shown and the player whose symbol appeared the most wins the game
- If your symbol does not appear face-up on any of the dice, you lose your bet
- In some casinos, if only one of your symbols appear face-up, you’ll still lose your bet
So that’s all there is to it. All that is involved is guesswork, betting, maybe a short prayer before the dice are thrown, the unnerving silence as the dice hits the board, and RESULTS. Fun, right?
The final part of the game, and the most exciting (if you win), is the payouts. Here is a typical pay-table for the Jhandi Munda dice game:
|Number of Jhandi/Symbols||Payout|
|1||Your original wager plus x1 what you wagered|
|2||Your original wager plus x2 what you wagered|
|3||Your original wager plus x3 what you wagered|
|4||Your original wager plus x4 what you wagered|
|5||Your original wager plus x5 what you wagered|
|6||Your original wager plus x6 what you wagered|
In the traditional Jhandi Munda, the payout is less because people play for fun and not for real money. Also, it is not safe to bet huge amounts when playing on the streets.
I’m sure you now fully understand how the online Jhandi Munda game works. Let’s take a proper example before we touch other aspects of the game.
A round of Jhandi Munda is about to start. It’s your first time playing so you go with the first symbol that pops up in your head. A Heart. You decide to wager $10 on the symbol so you won’t be affected if you lose.
The host rolls the dice, lifts up the bucket, and you find that a total of three hearts appeared face-up (talk about beginner’s luck). Congratulations! Since your symbol appeared 3 times, you get paid your $10 (initial bet amount) and a $30 profit (3x times of your initial bet amount), making $40 in total.
Jhandi Munda’s Return to Player
Jhandi Munda, especially when played on online platforms, is a highly profitable game with one of the best winning potentials than many other games of chance.
Players can get an amazing RTP of 97.14%. This means that the casino has a house edge of just 2.86%. If you keep making the correct guesses of symbols in a row, you could leave with more money than you could’ve hoped to win. This is why gamblers can’t get enough of the game.
Winning Strategies of Jhandi Munda
At this point, we already know that the Jhandi Munda is largely dependent on luck. However, there are a few strategies that can serve as a nudge in the right direction. If you’re patient enough, you’ll eventually win big.
These are the winning strategies of Jhandi Munda:
- Hot and Cold Symbols:This is the go-to strategy for many Jhandi Munda players. Casinos that offer the game usually show the game history. Some show only the last 10 roll-outs, while others show up to 50 or even 100. You’ll see the symbols that appeared the most (hot symbols) and those that appeared the least (cold symbols). You don’t need to memorise the statistics because the results will be displayed at your table. You should bet on the hot symbols since they seem to have the best probability of winning. Hopefully, they will keep being rolled out after you place your bet.
- The Martingale Strategy: This famous Roulette and Blackjack strategy can also be applied in Jhandi Munda to better your chances of winning. It requires you to double your bet after each loss until you win. This way, when you finally win, the amount will be enough to cover your losses and also give you a profit that’s equivalent to the original bet.
- One Symbol: Instead of getting discouraged and changing the symbols that you bet on each round, it would be best for you to stick to one. According to the rules of probability, it would be easier for you to win with one symbol than trying to change your luck by switching. Expert gamblers in this game say that you even win more when you get multiples of the same symbol in a round than you would if you bet on different symbols.
- Low Stakes: No matter how experienced you are in a betting game, especially one that is luck-based, it is always advised that you start with small bets. Never get too ahead of yourself. Low stakes will pay off in the end, whether you win or lose. If you lose, the amount won’t be too much to burn a hole in your pocket.
- Setting Limits: If you’re an avid player, make sure you set a maximum loss for each game session or per month. I know how hard it is to walk away from a game, especially when you feel like you finally have a chance or you’ve been really lucky. But, trust me, you don’t want to risk it all. Set a limit so that you can enjoy the game while managing your bankroll.
Variations of Jhandi Munda
Because Jhandi Munda is such a simple game, there are very few variants for you to play, even on online platforms. The modifications that have been made are mainly on the game’s betting structure and payouts. Other than that, the style and objective of the game are pretty much the same.
Currently, there are four main variations of the game. These are:
- Traditional Jhandi Munda: Each player bets on a symbol they think will show up more often than the rest. After the host throws the dice, the player who made the correct guess wins the round. The payout will be calculated based on the number of the player’s symbols that appeared. It plays out like Sic Bo, an interesting Chinese casino dice game.
- Two-and-Up Jhandi Munda: While this is not the official name of this particular Jhandi Munda variant, I think it best describes it because, in this game, only players who get two or more of their symbols shown will win. If you bet on a symbol and it shows face up on only one of the dice, you lose your wager.
- Jhandi Munda with Side Bets: This variant has two bets going on. The first is the regular one where players bet on what they hope will be a winning symbol, and the second bet is more of a side bet which involves players guessing the actual number of symbols that will appear. For instance, if a player predicts that four spades would appear face up on the dice, and that actually happens, they win the bet. The payout for this side bet is way more than the regular bet because it is more difficult to predict the exact number of symbols. They’ll need to have a boatload of luck on their side.
- 3.4x Jhandi Munda:The payout for this variant is different from the traditional game. Instead of calculating your winnings according to the number of symbols that appeared, the return to player (RTP) will be 3.4x the original bet amount. Some casinos have this as the fixed payment rate. Why?
Let’s look at the math:
Jhandi Munda is a game played with six dice. Each with six sides. If we assign each die a different number from 1 to 6, we can calculate the expected value of one dice roll by using the formula:
(1+2+3+4+5+6) / 6 = 3.5
If the casino returns an average of 3.4x for each rupee you bet, the RTP rate will be:
(3.4 /3.5) x 100% = 97.14% (the same rate as the progressive Jhandi Munda)
Always be sure to check the wagering requirements with the casino you want to play at.
Where to Play Jhandi Munda Online
When it comes to choosing an online casino, you need to be very careful. It is not that difficult to find one that offers Jhandi Munda, but the problem is not all of them are reliable.
Before I recommend some trusted websites, I will list some of the things you should consider before signing up with an online casino in case you want to find one for yourself, either to play this game or another.
Here are the key factors you should look out for when choosing an online casino or gaming website:
- Licensing: This is very important as it has to do with your personal data and money. Ensure that the website is licensed and regulated by reliable authorities and jurisdictions. Check to see if a secure SSL encryption is used.
- Convenient Payment Options: To avoid payment complications, make sure that the casino accepts a wide range of payment channels or methods and that they include Indian currency.
- Good Customer Support: While this can be more difficult to assess, you can try sending an inquiry email to see how fast and well they respond. You could also try looking up reviews. You wouldn’t want to run into some trouble, especially with withdrawal, and not be able to get in touch with an agent who can deal with the issue without delay.
- Welcome Packages and Bonuses: This may not be a deal-breaker for some people, but it sure goes a long way in encouraging players. I personally pay a lot of attention to this so I can plan my sessions.
That said, you can check out the following casinos to start playing right away:
If you can’t find Jhandi Munda in the casinos, try searching for Crown and Anchor, or Anchor and Crown.
Playing Jhandi Munda Online for Real Money or Free
Even though Jhandi Munda is ultimately a game of chance, it is still recommended that you get acquainted with the game and its variations before you start playing for real money.
Many casinos offer the free version of the game so that you can test out the strategies you’ve learned. You can also play with virtual money to get a more realistic experience.
Once you’re satisfied with your progress and achievements in the game, you can select the online casino with the best perks, make the required deposit, and start betting with real money.
With real money, you can join different challenges and work towards entering the big leagues. Remember to take your time to enjoy the game. Also, don’t forget to ensure that you will be able to withdraw your winnings without any hassle.
Is it Legal to Play Jhandi Munda in India?
It used to be legal to play Jhandi Munda in Arunachal Pradesh since the game originated from there, but the Arunachal Pradesh Gambling (prohibition) Act 2012 was announced, and the citizens were warned that gambling in any form would have consequences.
Most Indian states have banned gambling, so the only safe and legal option is to turn to online casinos. The ancient Public Gaming Act of 1867 does not apply to online gambling because, at the time, it hadn’t been “invented”.
Until the law is reformed to include online gambling, you can continue to play Jhandi Munda in online casinos without looking over your shoulder.
Jhandi Munda is one of my favorite games to play because it is perfect for when I just want to relax, and it also gets me fired up when I want to profit from it. It is very easy to get the hang of. Now that you’ve learned everything there is to it, go ahead and give it a proper shot!
Good luck! You’ll need it.